PDA

View Full Version : Taking the plunge to reseller...

maida
03-20-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm a LONG time WestHost client (since 1995!) I've been referring my clients to WestHost for years now, and have taken a few small clients under my own web hosting account. I've got some new clients coming in and am now thinking that it's time for me to take the plunge and become a reseller.

I'm currently at the June 2006 Special package (10,000 MB Storage, 150 GB Bandwidth) at $20.95/month annual billing.

The lowest Reseller account is 10,000 MB Storage, 70 GB Bandwidth at $25.95/month annual billing.

Is there any way to keep my current bandwidth, or will I be downgraded?

Can I transfer my current clients on WestHost (that I referred) to my reseller account?

I have a few small clients that I already have under my current account. Will it be easy to turn those directories into "reseller accounts"?

They don't seem to offer an "upgrade" to Reseller. Will they still credit my account with the balance of my current plan? I should have 2 months free coming to me from referrals. Will those be credited?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Maida

wildjokerdesign
03-21-2007, 07:31 AM
When I moved from "regular" accounts to a Resellers account they where able to move my existing accounts to the new one. In your case I am not sure they would be able to do it for you since they "data" for them is stored in your main account. You would most likely have to backup the data for those accounts before you moved and transfer it yourself. Now that being said when they move your main account to the reseller account the data, sites well still be there but you would then have to create accounts for them in your Server Manager and move the data to those accounts.

In regards to the bandwidth I am not sure if you would get it or not. It may depend on how that bandwidth was "earned". I seem to recall that I did get some of my bandwidth transferred over on two of my existing accounts because it had been "extra" bandwidth earned on those accounts because of incentives.

In regards to clients that you referred I don't think they would be transferable. I am sure that they could cancel their contract with WestHost and that you could then add them to your reseller account but not sure how that would affect any monies you have coming for that referral.

I received the the "month credit" I had coming on my existing accounts.

WestHost is very good about working with you on such things. The best thing to do is to contact them and ask them to review your current set up and how best to make the change.

maida
03-22-2007, 05:31 PM
I did it! I did lose my extra bandwidth, which was a bummer.

It was interesting to note that the one month of free credit equated to one month of what they signed up for, not one month of my service level.

I'm new to the reseller thing. I'm just a small website designer / implementor who finally has enough clientèle and time to give it a go.

I hope you don't mind some questions about how to work things as a reseller.

wildjokerdesign
03-23-2007, 07:22 AM
Welcome to the world of reselling!

I hope you don't mind some questions about how to work things as a reseller.

Sure no problem ask away. :)