To administer your WestHost account, please enter your
Domain Name or Server Manager Username.

WestHost: Professional Website Hosting Company








Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    24

    Default Control panel question

    Hi! I'm probably doing something wrong, but when I log into Control Panel and select "Site Applications," the list of installed/not installed apps isn't there. Instead, the categories are on the left side (Overview, Community, Database, etc.), and clicking each one gives the message "There are currently no Site Applications available from this category." I used to see a bunch of available apps from this page. What am I doing wrong?

    Thanks for any advice!

  2. #2
    Senior Member jalal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,377

    Default

    I can't see that you are doing anything wrong!

    Contact WH support and ask them to look into it for you.

    Good luck.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    24

    Default thank you!

    Hi Jalal - thank you - I've put in a support request to WH. If I learn anything that may help others, I'll post the resolution.

  4. #4
    Moderator wildjokerdesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kansas City Mo
    Posts
    5,687

    Default

    I have had this happen a couple times in the past. Although it is a good idea to let WestHost support know about it normally if you log out or shut down you browser then log back into Site Manager the Apps will then show up.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

    Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    24

    Default thanks, Shawn

    Hi Shawn - I tried rebooting and that didn't work. Heard from WH Support, who fixed the problem and sent this message:

    "Thank you for contacting us regarding this problem. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

    It turns out that the SpamAssassin installation in your VPS was causing the problem. We found some syntax errors in SpamAssassin's configuration files that our VPS software couldn't parse."

    SpamAssassin was reset to default settings and I need to manually re-set the whitelist, blacklist, etc. Fun!

    Thanks again for all your help.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •