To administer your WestHost account, please enter your
Domain Name or Server Manager Username.

WestHost: Professional Website Hosting Company

Garner, NC

Default Dada mail bug: cc'ing the list

I am using Dada 2.9.1 with 2 or 3 of my 8 or 10 lists. I normally don't have a problem and all works fine. However, someone on my list uncovered a bug in the new script when he send an e-mail to several people and cc'd the e-mail list. Somehow this causes a loop and everyone on the list gets flooded with the e-mail. I looked at the Dada message boards, found that someone uncovered this, and the developer pretty much said "huh." and not much else. I asked again, with no response, so am wondering if anyone here has seen this, and possibly has a fix to prevent this from happening.

The only thing that I can figure is that when Dada checks the POP account, it copies the message AND the cc list, and sends it out. Thus the loop. Why an e-mail list would ever copy the cc list is beyond me, but this is the only thing I can think is happening. Now, I also wonder why anyone would ever CC an e-mail list, but this guy happened to do it this time, and everything went to hell.

Anybody have any help? I'd love to close this giant hole.

Lazy people care. They just don't do anything about it.

I realize this is a very delayed reply, but I just ran into the same issue on my site this evening -- fortunately it only sends out mail once every minute, so after 3 hours it had sent only 200 duplicate messages.

The good news is that DadaMail 2.10.2 appears to have fixed the issue. I tested it with an isolated list to confirm that I was able to reproduce the behavior with 2.9 but not with 2.10.