To administer your WestHost account, please enter your
Domain Name or Server Manager Username.

WestHost: Professional Website Hosting Company

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default changes to sl-507-13.slc causing errors?

The php memory limits have been reduced on this server, is anyone having problems on this server?

This morning my site kicked out a error "The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request." whenever I access a particular page.

Does anyone have specific information as to what other changes have occurred on this server. I have not made any changes on my side so it becomes difficult when it was working before and not knowing what is happening on the server side.

This is the same server that was recently switched to new hardware but has continued to be troublesome, why is it just this server that is problematic?

thanks,

j

memory limit on cPanel accounts are normally set at 128M. Is yours showing lower then that? I my self am not aware of any changes on any of my accounts.

You say it is a particular page that is doing this. What does that page do? Is it perhaps trying to do something that uses too much memory for a shared server and perhaps could be optimized to use less?

Make sure you send in a support ticket on this so there is a record of the issue also.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

Hi Shawn

That's true the individual script allocation is 128MB, but check out the Logs>ResourceUsage, and the view for the past week. On 2/2 the allocation went from 1.0G to 512MB, and then dropped to 320MB. I have checked with tech support and this is the allocation that I am told will remain. But I don't know if that is specific to my account, or for the server, or for all servers.

j

Hi Shawn

I've PM'd the problem page to you, but I am also experiencing sporadic memory limits on a second site that has a very plain and low use phpBB3 forum.

This page/script has not changed in years but is now showing an error.

regards,

j
    Last edited by J_M; 02-08-2012 at 10:09 AM.

So you are also getting this on phpBB3. Is that account on the same server?

I got your link and see that you are getting an additional 404 error. Have you looked at your error logs or even checked for a php error log in the directory where that page is served from? Looking at the source of the page you linked for me I see you are using frames and if I access the page direct that is included in that frame I am not getting the error. I have a feeling this is not a memory issue but something else. See if you can find that php error log. Like I said it is normally in the directory of the file that is acting up. The additional 404 is a symptom of cPanel set ups I've see before and really has nothing with what is actually going on. Happens often when a php program uses .htaccess for SEF Urls.
    Shawn

Hi Shawn

I'll PM you the error so that I don't have to remove all the good stuff. It does mention memory allocation.

>So you are also getting this on phpBB3. Is that account on the same server?

The error is different but mentions the same "(12)Cannot allocate memory: couldn't create child process: " This occurred this morning while I was in the Admin section.

Do you have the normal 128MB of memory allotted to php on these accounts? You can check that out in cPanel for the account under PHP.

It is always possible that there is another account that is hogging the resources and thus you could get this error from time to time. It is shared hosting so you are reliant on the other accounts playing nice. That is not to say that we can't do something on your end though to maybe make things better.
    Shawn

Shawn

Are any of your sites on this server and do you see the same changes to the memory limits?

No I don't have any accounts on this server.
    Shawn