To administer your WestHost account, please enter your
Domain Name or Server Manager Username.

WestHost: Professional Website Hosting Company

Default Zen Cart Software Upgrade

I'd like to install Zen Cart from Site Manager, but it says the version that WestHost currently is using (v. 1.3.8a) is not compatible with PHP 5.3. Looking at the Zen Cart website, they now have v. 1.3.9h, which is compatible with our version of PHP.

Any chance the newest version of Zen Cart will be available in the Site Manager soon? I know I can manually install it, but I'd prefer to manage the programs through the Site Manager.

Thanks.

Site Manager is at end of life which means I doubt they are going to be adding the latest versions of programs to it. I could be wrong though. I would say either migrate to a new cPanel account or go ahead and install manually. It is just PHP and MySql so it is pretty straight forward to deal with. Just install phpMyAdmin first so you can easily create the database needed.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

Helpful advice; thanks, Shawn. Sounds like it will be useful to migrate to a cPanel account anyway...now I just have to figure out how to migrate over.

Migrating to cPanel can be a bit of a pain depending on what you have on your old Site Manager account but not an impossible feat. First you have to contact Westhost and order a new cPanel account that suites your needs. When you do that you need to let them know that you are going to be migrating your old Site Manager account to this new cPanel account. Once you have your new cPanel account you need to move the files themselves to the new account. Then once that is done you change the nameservers for your domain. Then once the DNS propagates you can contact WestHost and have them delete the old account.

The things to remember with your new account is that paths may need to change in any configurations you might have in files. This comes into play most often with PHP or Perl Cgi scripts. /var/www/html is now going to be /home/[username]/public_html. Most things like sendmail path and such have stayed the same.

Another difference is that all your databases are now prefaced with your username. Not sure what Zen Cart normally uses as a database name but if for example you had it set up in a database called zencart the new database name would be username_zencart. We also do not have the root user available to us for mysql anymore and your new users will be prefaced with your actually username just like the databases. Here is an article I wrote that gives a bit more details on that: http://wildjokerdesign.net/faq/how-d...-my-40-account

cPanel uses suPHP which can be touchy about permissions on directories and files. You need to make sure that you do not give write permission to group or other. 0755 or 0644 should be what you want permissions set at. On our Site Manager account things where handled different and permission settings where not as restrictive so you need to check that you have them set ok.
    Last edited by wildjokerdesign; 07-22-2011 at 08:32 AM.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson