To administer your WestHost account, please enter your
Domain Name or Server Manager Username.

WestHost: Professional Website Hosting Company

Exclamation My clients got messages from WestHost

My clients got an email direct from WestHost regarding changes to their IP. Why?

Two clients emailed me confused b/c they thought I was their host. I had to explain to them that I am a reseller. I'd rather they NOT know this.

When was this policy changed?

Actually I don't think that would have been done intentionally by WestHost. Have you checked with them direct via the Contact Us form yet?
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

gx2000

Sorry that this happened. It shouldn't have. We only work with our Resellers and do not work with our Reseller's clients. Can you please send me their domains and email addresses that we sent messages to. You can just PM me.

Thank you and again sorry for this inconvenience. I will make sure it is corrected.

Adam

I might also mention that we are replacing our email send utility to something more robust so this should not happen again. The utility has been purchased and we are currently setting it up with our clients.
    Jake Neeley
    Social Media Manager | WestHost

Quote Originally Posted by jneeley View Post
    I might also mention that we are replacing our email send utility to something more robust so this should not happen again. The utility has been purchased and we are currently setting it up with our clients.
    Are you still going to use the same email address to send from? How much well headers change with the new program. Just thinking about folks who may have rules or filters set on their email clients to detect emails coming from WestHost. I had some pretty elaborate ones set up to sort emails coming from WestHost. Notice I used the past tense... just lost my main computer so purchased a new one... I am taking the opportunity to clean house so not using the old filters now.
    Shawn
    Please remember your charity of choice: http://www.redcross.org

Handy Links: wildjokerdesign.net | Plain Text Editors: EditPlus | Crimson

It will still come from the same email address... usually sales@westhost.com for newsletter type emails. Notices, etc. usually come from no-reply@westhost.com. The header info may change slightly because we are changing providers but I suppose most set filters based on WestHost criteria as the providers are quite masked.
    Jake Neeley
    Social Media Manager | WestHost