PDA

View Full Version : Advice on MX record

vinnyvekaria
02-18-2008, 02:54 AM
Hey all,

I'm a little bit new to hosting more than one email domain, I have a question : -

We currently have a mail server at a datacentre we here we currently have an exchange server where we host mail for one of our clients. An MX records is setup for the domain to point to the public IP address of our mail server. As an example lets say the domain is jobloggs.com and mx record is mail.jobloggs.com. We want to add another domain eg (vinnyvekaria.com) for another client to the same mail server, the client has requested the FQDN of our mail server as they reccomend not using an IP Address for the MX record. Amy I right in saying that I can give the FQDN mail.jobloggs.com as the FQDN and they would point the MX record for their domain to mail.jobloggs.com and we would be bale to send and recieve mail for both domains?

Thanks in advance

Vinny

wildjokerdesign
02-18-2008, 06:44 AM
Not sure I have an answer for you but wanted to clarify one thing about your post. :) This is not related to an account here at West Host, am I correct? This is a server that is physically under your control?